Thank you for presenting at N&G 2023
This page is designed to prepare you for your presentation at N&G 2023. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation sessions.
The scientific program can be viewed on the Conference website here
As a Speaker or Oral Presenter, you will need to:
All presenters are required to register for the In-Person Conference. If you have not yet done so, you may find information regarding registration by clicking here. For any additional assistance please contact our registration department at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Abstract presenters who have not completed their registration by 17 January 2023 or have not emailed the N&G abstract department (NGC_abstracts@kenes.com) to confirm any possible special circumstances why they have been unable to register by that date, will be removed from the Conference’s scientific program
In compliance with CME/CPD requirements all speakers and oral presenters have to complete a conflict of interest form. Forms will be sent to all presenters in the coming weeks.
You will be sent login details to access and complete a Publication Consent Form. In order for us to use a recording of your presentation in our scientific program, we need you to complete this form.
Submitting a photo and short biography is not mandatory, however, it will allow the Conference attendees to get acquainted with your professional background before attending your session. The upload of this information is completed online in your profile area. The N&G 2023 Secretariat will email you your login details and further instructions about completing the speaker profile in due course.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- The second slide should be the disclosure slide. You can simply list the conflicts on the second slide or write “Nothing to Disclose”. Note: You need to address the disclosure at the beginning of your presentation for at least 30 seconds to allow enough time for the audience to review and digest the information. You can download a template here
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- If you include video clips with PowerPoint; the videos must be embedded as an MP4.
Click here if you wish to use the general N&G 2023 slide template for your presentation
Presentation Slides Upload
- Please bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. The Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly signposted at the Conference.
- You are asked to only use the Conference computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Conference will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
- Please note that the conference computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9
- If you include video clips in your PowerPoint presentation, be sure to test it with the technician in the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 2 hours before the start of the session or as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning. Please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
Important Note for Macintosh Users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before taking it to the speaker room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
To promote your participation at N&G 2023, please refer to our Promotional Toolkit page. In addition to the official PowePoint template for your presentation, you will also find N&G 2023 banners, letterheads and more.